10 Greatest Print Adverts
- Mar 2, 2021
10 Greatest Print Ads – Here’s Why…
To be successful, adverts have to be multi-layered. These days, social media plays a central role more than the traditional medium. But sometimes, a perfect ad that mixes the right words with a spot-on picture, can be just as impactful as the shiniest, most high-tech digital graphic. We’ve found some of the most impressive, funniest, controversial, hard-hitting and simply brilliant print adverts out there for your pleasure.
- India – New Ark Mission of India Fashion – People often forget that clothing is a privilege, but these New Ark Mission of India fashion ads act as sad reminders of the economic state abroad.
- Chanel ad – Sure, Mother’s Day can probably afford a more creative licence in terms of how a brand expresses itself, but given Chanel has only celebrated elegance and perfection for years, it’s a huge leap. Apparently, it was drawn by a Chanel employees daughter on a ‘bring your kids to work’ day. Imagine how much money this saved them in terms of ad agency costs? Though of course, this is less about being cheapskates and more about changing the face of luxury, over a specific campaign time period.
- KitKat Ad – Amazing creative advertising from KitKat, playing on their slogan ‘take a break’ with the universal symbol for taking a break being the pause icon. Extremely brilliant and creative. We might just take a break ourselves!
- Wheelchair ad– The effective use of a seatbelt is emphasised here, literally saving you from physical harm and worse, death.
- Don’t make-up and drive ad – Multitasking has traditionally been perceived as a woman’s domain, and rightfully so. A woman, particularly one with children, routinely juggles multiple tasks yet, a growing body of research shows that the human brain probably shouldn’t manage multiple activities at once.
- Applying makeup while driving is, without a doubt, less about the ability to multitask than it is about being a dangerous distraction. As depicted in the ad, the brief second of distraction can cost you quite a bit.
- The Leaf Advert – Coop Konsum is a Swedish chain of organic stores that effectively show the benefits of eating healthy for your body with this simple advert.
- Dog advert with fleas – All they want is a little bit of your attention. Advertisers spend their days trying to find ways to make a product attractive to you. They don’t always succeed, but when they get it right … with a lot of imagination and good humour, they prove that it is possible to use elements in our environment to win us over.
- ZipLoc -We are all aware of the use of a Ziploc bag, but have you ever seen it used so creatively? Keeping his body young and fresh while he ages outside the bag. Good one!
- Beard adverts – It’s true! the beard picks up the ladies and could not be depicted more creatively than in this advert. It’s quite literal, but it works!
- Lemon advert – From the Hakuhodo agency in Indonesia, this illustration shows us exactly what we all do (if you don’t then what are you?) when we eat something sour.